Founded in 2006, Promo Brands is a market leader in all things promotional. Slowly and steadily, Promo Brands has been identified as a core contributor in providing reliability and uncompromising quality in promotional products to all our suppliers, whilst maintaining and guaranteeing customer satisfaction. We are now expanding our business and are on the lookout for someone who can help us ensure high quality products and contribute to our mission of keeping things Quick, Simple, and Easy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducting product research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors.
- Sourcing materials, goods, products, and services and negotiating the best or most cost-effective contracts and deals.
- Potential to understand the international freight along with costing of items offered in US Dollars.
- Communicate and deal with overseas suppliers mainly based in Asia.
- Conducting market research to keep abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities.
- Updating and maintaining records of all orders and stock received.
- Coordinating with the delivery team and following up on delays or orders that have been rescheduled.
- Collaborate with warehouse, marketing, and customer service team.
- 2+ years of experience in a purchasing role in any similar industry would be preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, supply chain management, or a related field can be considered
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin/Chinese with Asian suppliers is preferred
- Solid knowledge of Computer based applications
- Strong communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills
- Highly organised with an ability to multitask and manage workload
- Analytical and mathematical capabilities to compare prices and quantities and consider vendor contract terms
- Ability to evaluate market conditions and various suppliers
- Keen eye for detail
- Effective relationship building skills